Email me: perspectivestimulus@gmail.com

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Its Funny.

Its funny, what seems to me now to be such an odd half-arsed idea at trying to make some money whilst doing something that I honestly love and feel good at (well, I always feel like I’m only really good at things which you can’t quantify or measure performance, Hmmm I may be fooling myself). Its such an odd concept this, the idea of selling intellectual property (or selling the rights to it (I’d like to go further on with this later on)) for a reasonably low price. Because what are you selling? Someone gives you a topic or a problem and you say:
“If you give me money, I’ll run your problem or topic through my brain and sell you what comes out”

“There are infinite ways at looking at this problem, I would love to sell you my view, my solution, my perspective”

“How much do you want me to analyse this problem? The more money you give me the deeper I will dip into my brain your topics and problems and the more fractal your solution will be, each topic spawning sub topics and sub topics sub sub topics.”

It reminded of that scene in the first Ghost in the Shell movie, Motoko says something to the extent of: What we are is the way we process the information from our senses. And I thought that was awesome, that we are the result of information being sorted, personality is an advanced and complex form of information processing to serve a certain(or multiple) purpose(s). So to go back to what we were talking about, its still a pretty cool idea to sell someone a chance to put info through your brain and pump out some solution.

Upon further analysis I like the idea.  But I also like the idea of analysing the idea. So perhaps what I can do here is demonstrate through analysis and description what kind of product you are buying from me. Read on and I'll keep posting in order to give you a better model of how my mind works, and maybe also for the joy of writing.

No comments: