Email me: perspectivestimulus@gmail.com

Thursday, April 26, 2007

A dollar for your thoughts.

 Today I came across my first dollar. I found it under some dirty cloth-... I earned it.
A shiny gold coloured, Kangarooverpopulated, Queen headed coin-coin.
I may have found it but I am claiming it as my first earning on this quest. I call it a quest because I’ve noticed an abundance of lack of quest around these days.
Quests went out of fashion with Horse riding and Knickerbockers. A tremendous shame. The decline in number of Quests in the world is inversely proportional to the increase in feelings of purposelessness. I think if you graphed that it would look like the letter ‘W’, W for “Why are you telling me this?”.

The point is it feels good for me to be doing something like this because I tend to browse a lot, a lot of TV, books, websites, but I don’t dedicate myself to a lot. And a quest seems not only to require dedication, it may in fact be a source of dedication. Bugger it, from now on I’m spelling quest with a capital ‘Q’, Quest. Its just basic human decency, showing a little respect to the Quest, let the Quest know its more important, more important than the rest.

The point is I have a dollar. And because the universe gave me this dollar I will, in return, give the universe an Idea (notice the capital on Idea (come on we talked about this (Its respect, Capital means respect (p.s. Note Capital on Capital action)))).

The idea I had this week has its origins at my conception. While most sperm were picking up plenty of neat skills from the Art stall, my guy (me) spent all his Spermals (Penis currency) on procrastination and food appreciation skills. I can’t draw.
In my ongoing Quest (Huuuge ‘Q’) to come up with a brilliant Idea for a comic, and an easy way to illustrate it, I came up with the Idea of Characters made of Characters.

e.g.




This bodgie paint job is just a quick capture of the idea. You’ll notice all the shapes are Alphanumeric characters. I suppose we could call him Al (for no other reason than that). That’s a start. Oh Al, Cuting-up the web with his semi-colon nose, parenthetical brows and square-rooting arms. I can see a sea of puns forming a dangerous rhythm of temple pounding, persona crushing sign waves (Oh yes, Pun quite intended).

I think he needs a Greek friend/mentor, constructed entirely from the Greek alphabet.
Perhaps it could be just the two of them. Al and Greeko (name to be advised). A comic like this could only be called one thing: E & μ (pronounced: E and Mew)
The inquisitive Al and his ancient friend the wise old toga wearing Greeko (eek!). And Greeko has slaves.

I suppose I believe this character constructed character idea to be good because there are a finite number of shapes to be used, I feel the limits make it easier to be decisive and be productive. I suppose it’s the same reason its good to have a Quest, once you narrow the things you want to do down to a manageable few you can finally stop searching and start producing.

Anyway.. Watch this space for some more E & μ, because if there is one thing this internet needs, its another badly drawn half-assed idea for a webcomic.

Not a bad first try, first dollar, first Holler.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

well done on finding your first dollar and good luck in your quest. I have been on my journey since the beginning of February and have reinvested all of my earnings so far - hope to draw a bit more out very soon....

Good luck with the quest, I have added your link to my blog.

Rachel
http://turnonepoundintoonemillion.blogspot.com

Xinfinitum said...

Congratulations! and thanks for the link back.

Keep plugging away.

Regards,
Xinfinitum
Double To A Million Plan